I’ve curated some uplifting quotes of well-known people and written some of my personal reflections on what self-love is about. I hope they can be a good reminder to all of us.
1. “Love for others what you love for yourself.”— Muhammad PBUH.
2. “The only way to know what true love is by loving yourself.” — Devy.
4. “You came to this world alone. you’ll leave this world alone. So loving yourself from end to end is the most sensible thing to do.”— Devy.
5. “You’re always with yourself, so you might as well enjoy the company.”— Diane von Furstenberg.
6. “Loving yourself is the most unconditional thing to do. It teaches you the meaning of true love.”— Devy.
7. “You won’t be able to love someone until you learn to love yourself.” — Devy.
8. “I am not bound to win, but I am bound to be true. I am not bound to succeed, but I am bound to live up to what light I have.”— Abraham Lincoln.
9. “Don’t expect anyone to love you if you don’t know how to be loved. Loving yourself is the best way of learning about love” — Devy.
10. “To love oneself is the beginning of a life-long romance.”— Oscar Wilde.
11. “If you want to know what love is, love yourself!” — Devy.
12. “Listen to yourself. Let yourself try. Allow yourself to a fault. Find rooms to improve. Fix to flourish. Give yourself a chance to grow. That’s how you love yourself.”— Devy.
13. “Plant your own garden and decorate your own soul, instead of waiting for someone to bring you flowers.”— Veronica A. Shoffstall.
14. “The hardest challenge is to be yourself in a world where everyone is trying to make you be somebody else.”— E.E. Cummings.
15. “Perfection doesn’t exist. So stop beating yourself up. Instead, be gentle, kind, and loving to yourself.”— Devy.
16. “Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.”— Eleanor Roosevelt.
17. “We are each gifted in a unique and important way. It is our privilege and our adventure to discover our own special light.”— Mary Dunbar.
19. “To love yourself, you have to stop comparing yourself with others. Because they don’t have the good and beauty you have within you just like you don’t have their good and beauty within you.”— Devy.
20. “Beauty is when you can appreciate yourself. When you love yourself, that’s when you’re most beautiful.”— Zoe Kravitz.
21. “Your task is not to seek for Love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it.”— Rumi.
22. “Before you want others to love you, look at yourself in the mirror and tell the reflection you’re seeing that you love her.” — Devy.
23. “No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.” – Eleanor Roosevelt.
25. “Admit and accept your own flaws is the first step to self-love.” — Devy.
26. “People come and go in your life, but you’re stuck with yourself all your lifetime. So why would you put yourself at the bottom of your priority list?” — Devy.
27. “Do you want to meet the love of your life? Look in the mirror.” – Byron Katie
28. “When nobody celebrates you, learn to celebrate yourself. When nobody compliments you, then compliment yourself. It’s not up to other people to keep you encouraged. It’s up to you. Encouragement should come from the inside.”— Joel Osteen.
29. “Self-love is the most powerful and underrated way to significant self-growth.”— Devy.
30. “If you want to be a loving person, you have to grow that seed of love within you by watering it with consistent self-love.”— Devy.
31. “No one can break you if you love yourself enough.”— Devy.
32. “When someone doesn’t love you, it’s a reminder for you to love yourself.”— Devy.
33. “Everybody is nice, but at the end of the day, everybody will look after their number one. So you should do the same.”— Devy.
34. “All sensible people are selfish, and nature is tugging at every contract to make the terms of it fair.”— Ralph Waldo Emerson.
35. “There’s only one corner of the universe you can certain of improving, and that’s your own self.”— Aldous Huxley.
36. “Don’t confuse self-love with self-indulgence. Because when you love yourself, you take responsibility for your action and hold accountability for your behavior.”— Devy.
37. “You truly love yourself when you forgive your mistakes, let yourself to learn and grow.”— Devy.
38. “Self-love is the greatest flatterer of all.”— La Rochefoucauld.
40. “When someone hurts you, it’s a sign that you haven’t loved yourself enough.”— Devy.
41. “You can start loving yourself by listening to your gut, respect your opinion, and take the first step to whatever you’ve been dreaming” — Devy.
42. “The greatest thing in the world is to know how to belong to oneself” (Michel de Montaigne)
43. “When will you begin that long journey into yourself.”— Rumi.
44. “Self-love can protect you, nurture you, and help you grow.” — Devy.
45. “Why are you so enchanted by this world, when a mine of gold lies within you?”— Rumi.
46. “To love yourself means to forgive yourself.” — Devy.
47. “If you can’t spare a minute for yourself, don’t expect others to give their time for you.” — Devy.
48. “It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not.”— Andre Gide.
49. “To fall in love with yourself is the first secret to happiness.”— Robert Morley.
50. “What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.”— Ralph Waldo Emerson.
51. “You can’t save a drowning person if you yourself are drowned. So, save yourself first, love yourself first.” — Devy.
53. “To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else it the greatest accomplishment.”— Ralph Waldo Emerson.
54. “The only person you owe unconditional love is yourself. Because you’re the one who’s always been there at all times.” — Devy.
55. “People who love themselves, don’t hurt other people. The more we hate ourselves, the more we want others to suffer” (Dan Pearce)
56. “How you love yourself will reflect on how you treat others. The kinder you are to yourself, the better person you’ll be to others” — Devy.
57. “Because one believes in oneself, one doesn’t try to convince others. Because one is content with oneself, one doesn’t need others’ approval. Because one accepts oneself, the whole world accepts him or her.” – Lao-Tzu.
59. “When someone broke your heart, ask yourself if you’ve been loving yourself enough that you’re too strong to be broken”— Devy.
60. “The best day of your life is the one on which you decide your life is your own. No apologies or excuses. No one to lean on, rely on, or blame. The gift is yours – it is an amazing journey – and you alone are responsible for the quality of it. This is the day your life really begins.”— Bob Moawad.
61. “Our self-respect tracks our choices. Every time we act in harmony with our authentic self and our heart, we earn our respect. It is that simple. Every choice matters.”— Dan Coppersmith.
62. “When you accept and embrace yourself as a whole — good and bad — you won’t need others’ judgment and acceptance anymore.”— Devy.
63. “Self-respect, self-worth, and self-love, all start with self. Stop looking outside of yourself for your value.”— Rob Liano.
64. “It takes sacrifices to fully love yourself. You may need to cut everyone and everything that can be toxic to you. But in the end, your own self will be grateful for losing them.” — Devy.
65. “How can you be happy when all you do is hating yourself? Be nice and love yourself. So that you can be grateful and joyful.” — Devy.
66. “You can never meet your potential until you truly learn to love yourself.”— Teresa Collins.
67. “Find the company within yourself and you’ll never spend a day alone. Find love within yourself and you’ll never have a lonely day.”— Connor Chalfant.
68. “It’s in human nature that people want to be heard. Before you get caught up in the noise, save yourself by listening to you first” — Devy.
69. “You don’t have to worry about what other people say, you have to worry about what you say to yourself”— Devy.
70. “You wouldn’t worry so much about what others think of you if you realized how seldom they do.”— Eleanor Roosevelt.
71. “Be yourself, everyone else is already taken.”— Oscar Wilde.
If you enjoyed the quotes, feel free to share and pin the post. You may want to check out other posts as well.